Sunday, June 17, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, "Muscle for Health". I am a physician who has loved bodybuilding and muscle for as long as I can remember. In my medical training I have come to realize that if our nation's health is to be improved, we must eliminate or at least greatly reduce chronic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. While the bodybuilding lifestyle is a great way to accomplish this, most medical professionals do not promote it to their patients or publicize it to the general public because they feel it is "too extreme", not for the "average person", or whatnot.

One purpose of this blog is to show how the beauty and power of muscles can motivate us to improve our health. Looking better is a powerful incentive for getting healthy, moreso, I would argue, than reducing one's cholesterol by "x" amount because someone says so. In bodybuilding, one always has a measurable goal to strive for, with immediate concrete benefits in everyday life which reinforce further goal setting. I truly believe that everyone should bodybuild, regardless of age, gender, or disability.

"Muscle for Health" will include interviews and profiles with athletes, links to articles and research regarding muscle and fitness, and also be a journal of my own physique transformation. Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to leave comments!

No comments: